Re: CLANK XV- It just won't le

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: CLANK XV- It just won't le
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 92 09:05:46 -0700
Jerry,  I know what you mean.  I just authorized another $650 woth of body
work on the my Tr3 yesterday.  Sigh.  I went down to the shop to see how
they were doing & give them most of the money from the last work I authorized.

They are using the TR as a backburner project as a favour to me since I do
not have a garage.

I thought I was just about finished.  I also thought it would be nice if they
sprayed some of that neat super primer that they have on the rest of the car.
The primer I had put on is old by now & pores to water (we also get heavy
dews).  I also thought they could prep the boot lid and rear wings much
quicker than I.  He started rubbing his hands over surfaces and noting:
there is a depression in the cowel where eack wiper stock was; the boot
lid had shallow depressions where a luggage rack would rest; my new rear
valence was not smooth between the tail lamps above the spare tyre compartment!

Arg!  sigh ....

I'm hoping that by the begining of May, the summer high will be inplace and
I can get the TR home without fear of rain on unsealed surfaces.

Oh one interesting bit ..  When I dropped by I was suprised to find new
undercoating on the underside of the car & inside rear wheel wells.

Seems they were undercoating a car & had some left over, & thought the TR
needed a free undercoat :*)

All & all, I am very happy with this company.

TeriAnn