RE: Spit OD

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE: Spit OD
From: Greg Tobin dtn 224-1648/ 21064-AA <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 92 10:42:42 PDT
    Uh, oh...

   Seems as if I have been doing a *bad* thing to my spit with the "J" unit...
   The OD sticks either on or off, depending on what the switch says- for
instance:
 put the OD in, (hopefully it engages), and drive a spell.  Disengage it, then
try
 to engage it again, and chances are very slim it will engage again.   So what
do
 I do??  I leave it on all the time- 1st through 4th gear.  (The disconnect of
the
 lockout switch is another story...)    I don't drive particularly sporting
 in this car (it's a spitfire ya know! ;^) and I have driven like this for
*many*
 miles- maybe 12k.   Am I going to have bigger problems than a sticky
 solenoid (or whatever it is) in the years to come????

   Greg

 ps- thanks for reminding me of the nice day Jim!!!  While Percy sits with
 the top down, mine still has the blue cover on it and isn't running right..(^;