RE: Spit OD

To: tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com, twakeman@apple.com
Subject: RE: Spit OD
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 07:22:47 -0700
Greg,
Overdrives take exactly what the manual sys it does.  Mine takes regular
engine oil.  They caution against adding special slippery additives.

Could be your solinoid is stuck, but perhaps you may have a stuck ball/spring
combination somewhere.  Your workshop manual should have a trouble shooting
section at the back specific for your overdrive.

I sympithize with your not wanting to pull the transmission right after
installing it.  i would probably have done the same.

In the future .... you might want to:

1. give your local parts vendor the model/ series of your transmission (cast
on the body of the transmission) and the year & model of car it came in.
Tell them which grar you want then let them decide which gear this is.

2. When you get any rotating thingie built, rotate it by hand through all the
ways it can rotate.

By your questions, I am suspecting that you do not have a workshop manual.
If you do not, I suggest that the Bently (repro of original factory manual)
manual would be an excellent investment.

Take care & good luck with your Spit

TeriAnn