Trebuchets, Catapults, and Imps that go Bump in the Night

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Trebuchets, Catapults, and Imps that go Bump in the Night
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 07 May 1992 10:07:30 CDT
Regarding the car-tossing trebuchet, some things to straighten out:

It IS a trebuchet, but you might as well call it a catapult since you'll
be otherwise unable to describe it to an American. Both Car and Driver
and The Wall Street Journal had articles on it. C&D is preferred since
they have photos (although I found them a bit below C&D standards; they
seem more like snapshots and don't convey the power of the thing). The
WSJ watched them fling a Hillman Imp; C&D has photos of an airborne Mini.
And while these chaps may be eccentric, it IS their money and their land!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on another small item in Car and
Driver, this month's issue: a little report that "British Leyland" (well,
whatever they're calling themselves these days) has announced that they
are planning to build a limited number of MG's. Specifically, if memory
serves, MGB's. Unfortunately my issue of C&D is at home. No indication
of whether they're rebuilding old body shells in the manner that some
group was rebuilding Jags a while back, or whether this is going to be
another variation on the Mini-Metro-with-MG-badges theme. I had the
opportunity to rent an MG/Metro a while back and it wasn't half bad;
of course, it didn't leak or make nice oily smells either... :-(

If no one else has that issue handy, I will post the item tomorrow.

Andrew C. Green       (312) 266-4431
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473