Nut size...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Nut size...
From: Forget it.... 07-May-1992 1002 <metzger@decwet.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 92 10:02:08 PDT
I ended up taking the advice of Scott Fischer and a few others and drove the
nut
off by using a hammer and cold chisel. If I coudln't get the nut to spin off I
was going to cut it in half trying and get it off. It ended up spinning off
after a good session with the torch and a few (several) blows with the chisel
and hammer The nut spun and I could spin it the rest of the way off with a pipe
wrench.  I now have to buy an $12.00 nut but at least I can get working on the
adjusters.

The rest of the rear end came a part fairly easily. All the rear brakes are
apart , I might as well rebuild each rear wheel cylinder while I'm at it and
replace the old brake lines with new ones considering I busted one getting them
off.... I still have to pull the hubs (Gotta rent a hub puller to get them off)
so I might need new wheel bearings after I'm done with that..I'll see...

Thanks for any and all help in getting the nut off.....

You have defeated the british car. Experience goes up 5 points, gold goes down
10 points, Strength goes down 3 points.

John Metzger