bearings for 1500

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: bearings for 1500
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1992 10:21 PDT
David Vizard says very good things about the Vandervall bearings.  He also said
that between this and another (the brand name escapes me) brand he found lillte
or diference if failure rate under racing conditions.  With a balanced engine,
and the use of good oil and frequent changes bearings should last a very long
time.  One word of caution.  You have half circle thrust bearings.  These were
known to wear and get thrown out causing engine failure.  You can get full
circle thrust bearings put in.  But you need to find a god machine shop and they
will charge you about $75-125 to do it.  I think this is worth it.
For more info, call Mark Sayer at performance engineering @ 503 746-9714, he has
a fact sheet on the convers
New mail on node OREGON from IN%"pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM"
For more info, call Mark Sayer at performance engineering @ 503 746-9714, he has