Re: TDs without head gaskets

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: TDs without head gaskets
From: Jeffrey Lo <Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 92 17:26:08 PST
>         Reply to:   TDs without head gaskets
>    I imagine that if you found one of those old TDs without the head gasket,
> you might have a bit of trouble getting the head off.  Oh, yes, just a bit.
> With those two pieces of steel precisely lapped together, then clamped
> -together
> with great force for, say, 35 years, with water coursing through holes
> -in them.
>  Yes, just a bit of trouble getting that head off...
>
>       - Jerry

At the Hillsborough, CA concours this past weekend, there was a Bugatti on
display and it was said that all of the Bugattis came from the factory w/o any
gaskets.  Everything was lapped together.  This show had an entire section just
devoted to britcars.  Everything from an SS100 to a TR 1800 roadster to a Jag
XJ-S.  Lots of A-H's, mostly 3000's.  Of course I was looking at the near
perfect '73 TR6, wondering when/if mine would ever look that good.  There were
also a (very) few britcars in the main show area, including an MGA 1600 and a
C-type Jaguar :-).  If you're in the SF Bay Area next May I'd recommend the
show, not just for the britcars, but just the general drool factor of all of the
cars, most of which appeared to be local.

Jeff
Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com

P.S. The *&^@$# mailer here doesn't give me any indication of who sent a given
b-c message except to tell me that it came from the local exploder.  So, for
myself and all those with similar mailers, it would help if people would put
signatures on their messages including a return address.