Getting head off TD with no gasket

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Getting head off TD with no gasket
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 08:05 PDT
Jerry writes:
With those two pieces of steel precisely lapped together, then clamped together
with great force for, say, 35 years, with water coursing through holes in them.
 Yes, just a bit of trouble getting that head off...

        Actually I would think it would be easy, all you have to is get one of
those magnets which wild-e-coyote uses to catch the roadrunner.  They pretty
strong and I'm sure they are strong enough to pull the head off if they can
divert the path of a speeding train.  You might also use the chile and hammer
approach at the head block juncton.

Cheers NOT DW