Informaholics Anonymous

To: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Informaholics Anonymous
From: mrmike@michelotti.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Fri, 8 May 92 15:14:18 EDT
# In article <9205081643.AA16082@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com>,
# jesup%cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com@po (Randell Jesup) writes:

sf> Subject: Re: Mini Tossing....  As for the difference
sf> between a trebuchet and a catapult, the former uses weight
sf> and leverage to hurl very large objects, while the latter
sf> uses tension, typically either by twisted ropes or gut
sf> cables, and uses a spoon-shaped lever to throw generally
sf> smaller objects.  But it only really matters if you know
sf> the difference, say, between a falchion and a poignard, or
sf> a cuisse and a greave.  (Why, yes, in fact, there ARE
sf> pieces of information more useless than the good head
sf> casting numbers of a 1275 Spridget engine...)

rj>     Uh oh... I know all of those.  I wonder what that says
rj> about how I use my spare time?  Perhaps we need to found
rj> Informaholics Anonymous, for those that want to deal with
rj> their problem with useless knowlege... :-)

Uh oh is right.  I know them too.  They aren't really that
obscure for SCAdians, but maybe it's contagious... or
hereditary.  Actually, my mother is the fountain of all
useless (and useful) information.  Really.  TR obscurata she
may not know, but ask her what that thing you use to blow
sulfa powder into a wound with is (an insufflator) or what
that thing that looks like a racoon and a possum mixed is
(coatimundi) and she'll be right there with the answer.  And
thost are only the things I asked this week.  The day I find
something she doesn't know the answer to or tell my father a
joke he doesn't beat me to the punchline on I'll consider
myself fit to think about parenting children of my own.

So what would the 12 step program for IA be?
                                                        - MM
(And yes, she knew the ones scott asked too)
--
passaretti@crd.ge.com                     {whatever}!crdgw1!brahe!passaret
mrmike@fasun0.ae.ge.com         {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!fasun0!mrmike