Re: WARNING: British Automotive

To: british-cars@hoosier, paul@ee.rochester.edu
Subject: Re: WARNING: British Automotive
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 92 12:59:10 PDT

I guess that I will as naive [sp] as the next guy until shit happens. Anyways,
I have a two man shop that does maintenance and restoration for MGs. The only
problem that we had was 2yrs ago the 1275 midget engine came up with a side
cover oil leak after it had been in about a week.

     >>Very strange indeed, as a 1275 does *not* have a side
     cover. 948's did, I'm not sure about 1098s, but for
     sure, 1275s, NOT. The tappets go in from the bottom of
     the engine, with the block upside down. Cam goes in to
     hold them in place.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com