Re: timing v. pinging

To: wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (william sadler)
Subject: Re: timing v. pinging
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 11 May 92 12:24:44 CDT
>Right now the timing is set at 22 degrees BTDC @ 1000RPM.  If I
move it to 18 degrees or 15 degrees BTDC the pinging should go away,
right?

I think so.  I had a friend stop by Saturday night with his Europa (weird
havingTWO of them in my garage!).  He was having overheating show on the temp
gauge
and some pinging.  These things kind of cause each other, right?  Terry said
he was running mixed regular and premium gas.  I told him to go to straight
premium, retard the spark a bit and see what happens.  Was that good advice?

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324