British Car Day in Columbus

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: British Car Day in Columbus
From: Sarah A Sieling <ssieling@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 8:49:50 EDT

Columbus, Ohio will again host an annual British Car Day Show at the Continent
Shopping Center this coming Sunday.  The hours are 11:30 - 4:00.

This show always brings out many beautiful cars each spring.  There are also
vendors that show up with many useful and valuable parts to get and keep all of
the cars running for the summer.

The Continent Shopping Center is located on the north end of Columbus just off
of I-71 North at the Route 161 exit.  Take the 161 exit west to the first
traffic light and turn right onto Busch Blvd.  There will be signs posted along
the way.

The show is attended by over 100 cars each year.  This year there will be
trophys for the different marques and a best overall.

By the way, I usually find all of the notes regarding the midgets amusing.  My
son has a midget that he and his father purchased from Volunteers of America
several years ago for $50.00.  They cleaned it up, repainted it, did a little
mechanical work on it.  My son hardly ever touches it mechanically.  The little
car started every morning over the winters and takes him wherever he wants to
go.  The transmission now needs to be rebuilt and I guess it now also needs
some
engine work but he can't be bothered with such things since he is in school and
works.  Working on the car would mean cutting into his social time.  We give
him a hard time about how he neglects the car and still it never fails him.
When we used to drive British cars everyday back in the 60's (a Bugeye,
Triumph, or a Mini) we had nothing but problems all winter.  I guess we paid
too much attention to them.

Well, good luck to all midget owners.  If you are having too much trouble with
yours, I could have my son call and give you some advice on how to make it run
better and the best ways to neglect it.