sigh

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: sigh
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 10:36:51 pdt
Jeez, british-cars has gotten awfully dead lately.  Come on, it's
roadster weather out there.  I'm starting to feel complacent about my
dead snake.  I WANT TO FEEL GUILTY!!

Watched part two of the Masterpiece Theatre series with the green mystery
roadster.  Definitely a Morgan.  Got a pretty good front view this time
and while I couldn't read the logo on the top front of the radiator the
winged shape was unmistakable.  Even so, this particular car seemed a
lot smaller than any Morgan I've ever come across.

My tight fistedness has gotten me again.  Instead of buying the fancy
smancy (expensive!) brake bleeder valves from a snake oil dealer I bought
cheapie generic valves from O'Connor Classics.  So, last weekend I
decided to replace the old warn ones with my shiny new ones.  The first
one screwed right in (at least I was clever enough to verify that the
threads and seat angle were correct) until it reached the caliper halves
clamping bolts.  The hex head was to fat to clear!  Damn, so that's why
the old ones are shaped so funny.

While I was ordering new bleeder valves, I decided to bite the bullet
and order "original OEM" pedal grommets as well.  Sigh.

Roland