Re: From Lotus reMarque

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: From Lotus reMarque
From: davevh@microsoft.com
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 16:33:32 PDT
| >1973 Europa TC eng & trans missing, otherwise complete and original.
| >22K miles needs restoring $1750, scott, 303-493-8778 (Co)
|
| Yeah, I saw that one, too.   Makes you wonder what happened to the Twin Cam
|and
| the gearbox.

I called Scott and asked.  He says the original owner blew the engine and
stashed the car in a barn in Kansas until he could get around to it.  When
he moved to Colorado (Fort Collins), he found a mechanic and gave him the
engine & tranny package to fix up.  The mechanic turned out to be a flake
-- Scott's term was "psycho" -- who got kicked out of his shop and dropped
out of sight with the engine/tranny.  Eventually they gave up trying to track
him down.

The car was sold before the ad appeared, BTW.

Dave Van Horn       davevh@microsoft.com