RE: Mini Woody Wagons

To: british-cars@hoosier, comptec90041@camins.Camosun.BC.CA
Subject: RE: Mini Woody Wagons
From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)
Date: Wed, 20 May 92 11:03:14 MDT
> >     I saw something really neat today.  It was your basic mini in a
> > station wagon model with wood trim.  Was this something done at the
> > factory,  or is a custom job?  I'd never seen one before.

> >     Dave Ambrose

>     Yes, this was a factory car.  I have a 1961 Morris Mini "Woody" Wagon.
> Great little car - I have had it on blocks for the winter, and need to do
> some work to the transmition.
>     Some people have been asking about the Traveller @ Countryman
> designations.  The Austin Wagon (both with and without wood) was/is known
> as the Countryman, and the Morris equivilants (sp?) are known as
> Travellers.  Would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has a
> mini...I am also looking to buy another one - preferable with a blown
> engine....

> -Ian

A local junkyard has one of these Morris Travellers that appears to be
complete right down to the hubcaps but looks like it's been sitting there
for a few years.  It's a real charmer, and I always thought that one would
make a very interesting but practical utility vehicle.  I've never even
asked about the little wagon because the proprietor is less than cordial...
but if you're interested I could look up a number.

-Steve-