RE: Mini Woody Wagons

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE: Mini Woody Wagons
From: Ian Hobday <comptec90041@camins.Camosun.BC.CA>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 09:33:50 PDT
>       Greetings, one and all,

>       I saw something really neat today.  It was your basic mini in a
> station wagon model with wood trim.  Was this something done at the
> factory,  or is a custom job?  I'd never seen one before.

>       Dave Ambrose

    Yes, this was a factory car.  I have a 1961 Morris Mini "Woody" Wagon.
Great little car - I have had it on blocks for the winter, and need to do
some work to the transmition.
    Some people have been asking about the Traveller @ Countryman
designations.  The Austin Wagon (both with and without wood) was/is known
as the Countryman, and the Morris equivilants (sp?) are known as
Travellers.  Would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has a
mini...I am also looking to buy another one - preferable with a blown
engine....

-Ian