More brake bleeding info

To: Greg Tobin 21064-AA/dtn 224-1648 'Our hero with the flying tie!' <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Subject: More brake bleeding info
From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Wed, 20 May 92 09:58:06 PDT
>hero with the flying tie!' <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com> said:

Greg>     I saw this neat tool in a car magazine the other day for
Greg> bleeding the brakes.  It seems to consist of a hand squeeze
Greg> vacumn pump, hoses, and a few small bits of something or other.

Greg> It looked pretty painless, and would most likely work
Greg> with any kind of brake setup.  I'll look it up tonite if anyone
Greg> wants the company name/number/price.

Sounds like the EZ-bleed.  I used one of these on my airplane's brakes
last time I worked on them.  Once I grokked the brake system it worked
just fine!  EZ for sure.

My only problem involved the shuttle valve between the master
cylinders.  You see, many aircraft have separate barkes for each side,
and dual master cylincers -- one for the pilot and one for the
co-pilot for each side, making a total of 4 master cylinders.  In my
plane a shuttle valve pops over to shut off one side depending on who
gets on the brakes first.  If you don't push it over you can't bleed
one side...

  --berry (but enough of this irrelevant banter...)