TR6 Questions

To: sol@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: Ron Hood <hood@advtech.uswest.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 92 07:39:22 MDT
Monday night I took the plunge and bought a '74 TR6, so I will no longer have
to sit on the sidelines and jealously read about people sworking on their
LBCs.  I've owned the car for less than 72 hours and already have a growing
list of "to do" items.  Here's some related questions that I would like to
put to those with more experience (i.e., grease on their knuckles) than
myself:

 - The overdrive works, but seems to engage fairly slowly (5 - 10 seconds).
   Is this typical?  If not, anything I should be doing about it?

 - I read through the owners manual, and it specified 91 octane for the fuel.
   This struck me as being rather high, but I don't really have anything to
   base this on.  What kind of gas are people using in their Triumphs?

 - The back of the driver's seat is broken, so I've torn it apart and will
   be having it welded/repaired soon.  In looking at it I noticed that the
   back is not symmetric -- the side towards the door tapers in at a steeper
   angle than the side toward the center.  This could be intentional (for
   door clearance), or it could be bent.  Anyone know for sure?

 - When I first looked at the car I was extremely surprised to see that it
   had airconditioning (why would anyone put A/C in a convertible?).  Is this
   typical for TR6s?

Thanks for the help.

Ron
--
Ronald C. Hood                                  U S WEST Advanced Technologies
hood@uswest.com                                 Boulder, Colorado