TR6 Questions

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 21 May 92 10:20:33 EDT
|Date: 5-21-92  10:19am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: TR6 Questions
Ron Wood sez:

>Monday night I took the plunge and bought a '74 TR6,

 Congratulations !

 - I read through the owners manual, and it specified 91 octane for the fuel.
   This struck me as being rather high, but I don't really have anything to
   base this on.  What kind of gas are people using in their Triumphs?

 I used only premium gas (Mobil 93 octane), try using the lower grades
 once and you'll never use them again.

 - The back of the driver's seat is broken, so I've torn it apart and will
   be having it welded/repaired soon.  In looking at it I noticed that the
   back is not symmetric -- the side towards the door tapers in at a steeper
   angle than the side toward the center.  This could be intentional (for
   door clearance), or it could be bent.  Anyone know for sure?

  The seat is bent on purpose.  The passengers side is bent in a mirror
  image fashion

 - When I first looked at the car I was extremely surprised to see that it
   had airconditioning (why would anyone put A/C in a convertible?).  Is this
   typical for TR6s?

  I don't think it's typical, but more common on the later ones (my
  advice would be to take it out, (just kidding))

>Thanks for the help.
    Your welcome

   Dean