EZBleed & brake woes

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: EZBleed & brake woes
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Tue, 26 May 92 10:14:02 EDT
Okay, after all of the EZBleed testimonials seen on this list, I went ahead
and ordered one last week from Foreign Parts Unlimited (their rice has
gone up to $35, btw).  It arrived last Friday, in time for pre-West Virginia
sworking on Friday night and Saturday.  If you are looking for a quick way
to dump a pint of  LMA brake fluid on the floor, I've found it -- hook up
the EZBleed with the fluid in the canister without checking to make sure
there are no leaks :-(  20 psi will dump your fluid in under a second.

After this fiasco, I tried again (this time checking for leaks.)  And
again.  And again.  And again.  No matter what I tried I could not get a
good seal between the big cap and my master cylinder ('74 MGB).  What's
the secret?  I did have succes bleeding the clutch, though.  Am I the
only person on this list who can't get this gadget to work?

Also, I am still having some problems with the brakes in general.  The front
right rotor (which is brand new) binds in one spot as you turn it.  It doesn't
lock it, but there is a definite increase in resistance to turning.  There
is a similiar problem with the right rear binding (on a freshly turned drum)
unless I adjust the linings pretty far in. I think this is the cause of both
soft brake pedal and the parking brake not working.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

P.s. I balked on taking the MGB from Dayton to WVa for a rafting trip Sunday,
it was cold and raining and my zip out back window is zipped out and won't
zip back in.