Re: Dead B in the middle of the garage

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Dead B in the middle of the garage
From: Don.Adams@EBay.Sun.COM (Don Adams Staff Systems Eng Sun Federal)
Date: Tue, 26 May 92 16:33:46 PDT
TeriAnn,

Have a compression guage and will use it tonight when I go home.

My B has the radiator cap off on the side in one of those overflow
catchments. What I did is remove the large metal filler plug
over the thermostat housing so that I could see flow directly as
it came up out of the head. There did not appear to be the flow
I would have expected for a 15 Lb closed system. I did not see bubbles
just a quick transition from "light waterflow" to steam within a 10-15
seconds.

Thanks for the reminder on the plate to replace the thermostat. I will fix
that when I get it back to normal life. I have tried both with and without
the thermostat though so I would not expect that to be the problem. But might
try that if I keep coming up with failures.

Really appreciate your assistance

and yes I need the luck

Thanks

Don