Re: Mini Convertibles...

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Mini Convertibles...
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 09:50:23 -0400
RGOLEN@umassd.edu (Ric Golen) writes:
> At the Lime Rock Vintage Festival, there was an outfit which was selling
> Mini Convertibles. Aparently the Convertible is a fiberglass body
> with a Targa type roll bar. I dont have the outfit's name, but
> they were from somewhere in Connecticut, and I periodically see an
> ad from them in Autoweek.

Yes!  They have had their Minis featured in British Car magazine too.
They're from Milford, just a few miles west of New Haven.  Pretty
close to here (Wallingford) actually.  Dammit I forget their name too,
its on the tip of me tongue...  anyway, just flick through a couple
of back issues of BC and you'll find them in the recent news (or current
events) section in the first few pages after the editorial.

Some discussion of custom Minis going on.  I think I've seen them all!
I have the book, I think its called, "The Incredible Mini" (red cover)
which has pictures of all variants of Minis... including those with
the Rolls Royce radiator grilles!  Then there is the Mini tea-snacks
van (stretched tall), the Mini truck (stretched long), the chop-tops
(lowered rooves) (heck, how do they get in those things!)... ad infinitum.

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert