Re: SOL identifiers (was Radar and dome other alliterations)

To: -v@prl.phil.co.uk, british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: SOL identifiers (was Radar and dome other alliterations)
From: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.phil.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 14:17:13 +0100
Well it happened, I'm in love, its (!!!) brg with a yellow nose cone.
A friend of mine took me out in his Caterham Super Sprint. ....

Step one : take of the side screens.

Step two : Slide down into the long sleek passenger seat (yeah I know its
the wrong seat but it is his car :-(

Step three : He turned the key and the expression 'purred like a cheetah'
came to mind.

At this point the steps get sort of jumbled up.  This little car
accelerated faster that I thought possible. (0 to illegal in 5.4 secs)

When we got to a good stretch of road Lewis (the driver) flicked the
car from side to side and it just went where he put it so QUICKLY.

The twin carbs sucked and gurgled greedily  and the exhaust burbled
wonderfully.  In seven circles the phrase 'roundabout hooligan' is used
when one drives around a roundabout two or three times because it is
just so much fun.  There is just no way a VW golf GTi/Rabbit is this
much fun , it doesnt even come close.

When I get in a mood like this I become obsessed, I plot and scheme
consider putting Juliet on the game (my SO) but the down side of it
all is that I NEEEEDDD 7500 pounds (plus sell my Spitfire) to get a
good one (imagine building a car with new parts, no more sworking
just shworking (smiley happy working) on a clean car with no rusted
bolts).

I do have a question however although I know what they both are, what
is the performance/handling difference between a DeDion and a fixed
rear axle ?

I had to get this out of my system and I knew that you guys would
understand.

All I need is a mask, a revolver, and a bank......

Ben Hodson                                hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk