Brake Run-out

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, bobj@meaddata.com
Subject: Brake Run-out
From: "SSP::SSP::MRGATE::\"A1::HINCKLEYS\""@ada3.ca.boeing.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 08:55 PDT
From:   NAME: Scott Hinckley
        FUNC: B1-B Logistics
        TEL: +1 205 461 2073                  <HINCKLEYS AT A1 AT SSP>
To:     "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@MAILGATE@ADA3@MRGATE,
        "bobj@meaddata.com"@MAILGATE@ADA3@MRGATE

The problem you are having with one spot binding on new rotors is due to lax
run-out specs by the manufacturer of your new rotor.

Run-out is the amount of variation from flat that the rotor is allowed to have.
Many of the less expensive (and some of the more expensive) rotors are have too
large a run-out for those of us with competative tastes.

SOLUTIONS:
1) Buy a rotor with tighter specs
2) Take your new rotor to someone with a GOOD lathe and have them turn it to
   smooth out the bad spots. Turn it only slightly as you don't wnat to take
   a bunch of metal off this otherwise good rotor.

!!! DO NOT USE YOUR MAILER'S AUTO-REPLY TO SEND TO ME, IT WILL NOT WORK !!!
+1 205 650 0400|This message contains nothing|HINCKLEYS@H8700A.a1.ca.boeing.com
I heart my VW! |other than my opinions.      |Copyright 1992 Scott Hinckley