Re: Fuel filter replacement

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
Subject: Re: Fuel filter replacement
From: "SSP::SSP::MRGATE::\"A1::HINCKLEYS\""@ada3.ca.boeing.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 08:58 PDT
From:   NAME: Scott Hinckley
        FUNC: B1-B Logistics
        TEL: +1 205 461 2073                  <HINCKLEYS AT A1 AT SSP>
To:     "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@MAILGATE@ADA3@MRGATE,
        "jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com"@MAILGATE@ADA3@MRGATE

Here are two tricks, first the 'recomended' one, then my solution:

1) Remove hose from inlet side of filter and quickly stick golf tee in hose.
2) Take lock-jaw wrench (or surgical clamp) and clamp off inlet hose, then
   remove filter. CAUTION: If you have old hoses they may crack with this method
                  CAUTION: Do not use this method with steel-braid hoses, they
                           will crimp.

Good luck,
!!! DO NOT USE YOUR MAILER'S AUTO-REPLY TO SEND TO ME, IT WILL NOT WORK !!!
+1 205 650 0400|This message contains nothing|HINCKLEYS@H8700A.a1.ca.boeing.com
I heart my VW! |other than my opinions.      |Copyright 1992 Scott Hinckley