Re: SOL identifiers (was <silly_title_of_mine>)

To: sol@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: SOL identifiers (was <silly_title_of_mine>)
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 10:50:59 CDT

and pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt) writes:
> Ok, I just called a local place that has done some shirts for us in the past.
> It looks like I could get 25 shirts made up for about $290 (100% cotton) or
> $270 (50%-50%).  So, with shipping it looks like I could get shirts made
> for about $15 (100%) each ($13 for 50%-50%).  Does this sound reasonable?
> I'll also check around for prices to get a decal made, maybe something
> in the 4"x5" size?

My vote would be for some sort of window decal, for the following reasons:

1) I am up to my keister in T-shirts already, and the shirt wouldn't serve
   it's purpose if I wasn't wearing it.
2) Having the identifier on the car means it's constantly in the public eye.
3) The entire production run of decals could stored in one drawer or under
   someone's desk (probably not mine :-) in a small box.
4) Distribution of decals can be spread far and wide for the cost of a postage
   stamp, without worrying about wearer size, laundry problems, etc. Ease of
   distribution would ensure far better coverage.
5) It would surely be cheaper to spring for a decal rather than a shirt.
6) There's nothing like a nice official-looking membership decal on an old
   car, though beyond that I am hard-pressed to describe the warm fuzzies
   that you get in knowing that there are other owners of the same marque
   out there, all trying to locate the same blasted part that you need.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473