Jensen GT

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Jensen GT
From: neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca (Robert Neilson)
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 09:30:04 PDT
So last night I'm walking over to the tennis court with my girlfriend. She
spots this car parked just up the road and I hear her familiar "What is that
car?" question (she takes pride in finding cars that I can't put a name to!).

I looked at it from a distance and thought "Hmmm - I dunno - kinda looks like
a Jensen interceptor but it's a bit too small and the shapes not quite right".

Of course I couldn't say "I dunno" (the ego thing!) - so with indifference I
respond "Oh - probably a Jensen". She runs over to take a look and yells back
"heh - your right - and it's for sale.

I looked at the car again and mentally chopped the roof off - and I knew it
was based on the Jensen Healey. Sure enough it was - a 1976 (from the For Sale
sign) Jensen-Healey GT.

I didn't even know they made these things. It had the typical britcar jump
seat (for groceries and dwarves?), and the car was in very good condition.

The sign just says "Best Offer". Does anyone have any idea what a car like this
would be worth? Do these have the same dohc Lotus engine?

ttfn,
Rob