Re: Fuel filter replacement

To: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.phil.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fuel filter replacement
From: Cognitive Dissonance On-A-Stick <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 11:03:34 PDT
    Well it happened, I'm in love, its (!!!) brg with a yellow nose cone.

And is the reg plate KAR120C by any chance?

I always come up short trying to make a license plate frame that
can fit "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,
debriefed, or numbered."

    The twin carbs sucked and gurgled greedily  and the exhaust burbled
    wonderfully.  In seven circles the phrase 'roundabout hooligan' is used
    when one drives around a roundabout two or three times because it is
    just so much fun.  There is just no way a VW golf GTi/Rabbit is this
    much fun , it doesnt even come close.

A VW Rabbit/Golf GTI isn't even as much fun as a Spridget when you come
down to it.  I will gladly expound on the virtues of the GTI (I think
I'm going to paint mine red with a white roof, just to let you know
where I stand on the subject), but, well, sports cars are Different.

    I do have a question however although I know what they both are, what
    is the performance/handling difference between a DeDion and a fixed
    rear axle ?

The main advantage is that the de Dion gives better traction on bumpy
surfaces.  At Monday's autocross (hmmmm, I think they're sort of like
an autosprint in the UK -- short timed competitions on very twisty
courses usually drawn on a large parking lot, one vehicle at a time),
someone with a rotary powered Seven to which he'd added IRS mentioned
that at a previous event, he'd watched one of the solid-axle Sevens
get two wheels airborne on some bumps in one part of the course, while
he was much better able to keep the power down.

    I had to get this out of my system and I knew that you guys would
    understand.

On behalf of my daughters, I think some of the gals here would too.
"That's a really neat car, Dad!" said my four-year-old girl when Michael
Sands stopped by with his Seven (they look pretty sharp in black and
silver too, BTW) few weeks ago.  "You want one of those cars, right, Dad?"