Shirt Order

To: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Subject: Shirt Order
From: Cognitive Dissonance On-A-Stick <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 10:50:25 PDT
>This issue came up early on in the life of this list, and Ed Devinney can up
> with a very nice crossed rod & spanner on a Union Jack background, with a BRG
>"SOL" emblazened across the front.

[...]

>Ok, I just called a local place that has done some shirts for us in the past.
>It looks like I could get 25 shirts made up for about $290 (100% cotton) or
>$270 (50%-50%).  So, with shipping it looks like I could get shirts made
>for about $15 (100%) each ($13 for 50%-50%). [...] (Actually, I'd prefer a
>polo shirt with a 3"x4" patch over the left breast pocket, but that would
>run about $18-19 per shirt.)

Note also that the one time I got to be the T-Shirt Poo-Bah, the amount
of money that we had to give them when we went to get the shirts made
was slightly different from the amount of money that we had been told
over the phone (and therefore that I had collected from everybody).  No
need to guess which one was higher.  My suggestion, having been burned
by this once, is that unless Pat can pay for all the shirts at once and
then ship them to us at actual cost, we should accept a price rounded up
to the nearest half-buck.  That way his check won't bounce when he gets
the shirt and he might actually consider doing something like this again
someday, unlike me. :-)

>I'll also check around for prices to get a decal made, maybe something
>in the 4"x5" size?

Such a decal could be stuck to magnetic material and affixed to the
autocross cars (British and imitation British) of various SOLs.

>What say ye?  Would this be worth my while?

I'll take two cotton T shirts or one T and one polo shirt, XXL in either
case (I like 'em big and, no wait, that's a Julie Brown song).  Let me
know if there's an extra dollar for the larger size and send me the
address. Oh, and let me know the price on decals too; I'll take two
of them as well.

Oh, and you probably better let me know whether to send the check to
Pat or Ed. :-)

--Scott