Re: SOL identifier

To: sol@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: SOL identifier
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 16:09:27 CDT
Ahem. It seems that my mention of an identifying badge/logo/emblem/whatever
for SOL has really struck a chord with the membership. Good for me.  :-)
HOWEVER... Please let me clarify a couple of things here.

1) I was not the one who came up with the original idea for this. It seems
   to be a couple of years old and has been developed by a couple of others
   that we've heard from here today. All I did was apparently reignite some
   interest in the subject, which brings me to...

2) I don't actually have a design drawn out; the wire-wheel idea I described
   was purely off the top of my head. I did get some flattering Email about
   it, but it sounds like the previously-discussed SOL design would be more
   appropriate. Similarly, I have no plans (or time, unfortunately) to make
   it at the moment, whether in decal or T-shirt form. I haven't even seen
   the SOL design.

Just today alone I received several private and posted Email design votes
and flat-out orders for decals and shirts. Really, I appreciate the show of
support, but I wasn't trying to take over someone else's idea and I'm afraid
I'm not in much of a position to produce these anyway at the present time.
Just wanted to set the record straight.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473