tricks o' the trade

To: SOL@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: tricks o' the trade
From: SPEED HALLMAN <HALLMANCS@ALF.APPSTATE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 17:05 EDT
You seasoned SOLers seem to have several good tricks to accomplish every
job that has to be done in a tight spot, so lemme throw this one
out...

            REPLACING HEATER HOSES ON A TR250

I wriggled around underneath the passenger side of the instrument
panel until I was blue in the ... ribs. The pipes coming through
the firewall are rusty, and the hoses (one from TRF, the other
from Moss, after cancelling a long-standing TRF backorder) are
of different types. (One is rubber and the other has kind of
a canvas texture.)

Will oil on the pipes help get 'em on? Or will it degrade the
rubber, leading to unwanted steam heat and third degree burns
on a spouse I'd like to keep?

Any good suggestions will be appreciated. (While I'm at it, I'll
definitely run a backup cable to the hood release -- good idea!)