Re: Anyone know about Minicooper pick ups?

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Anyone know about Minicooper pick ups?
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 29 May 92 09:41:38 -0400
onstotc@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Onstott Curtis B) writes:
> I was recently visiting a local garage and noticed an unusual MiniCooper
> pickup truck.  The owner said that it was for real (factory- not backyard
> customization :) )  Anybody heard of such a beast?

Yes, correct!  The factory built Mini pickups.  Not sure if they were
Mini Cooper pickups though!

Amazin' Minis came from the factory in various forms:  Saloons, estates,
"woody wagons" (Countryman and Traveller), pickups (yer hate to call
the cutie a "truck" though...), vans ("panel vans" to the Yanks), racing
cars (the Coopers!).  Not forgetting the Clubman style.  There was
even a hatchback style... although this wasn't an official factory
variation as far as I know.

Funny thought:  I seem to remember from my "The Incredible Mini" book
someone had built a tow truck Mini!  Probably useful at Go-Kart tracks!

Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert