Rust treating stuff

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Rust treating stuff
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1992 13:40 PDT
About 8 years ago (might have been older technology) when I was trying to
save my MK1 Ford Escort from the rust demon in UK I used some of the stuff
which turns rust to the hard black substance.  I did not like the stuff I used.
It flacked off after I had painted over it and the rust came back.  BUT it was
cool weather in the evenings in the UK and the instructions said do not
apply in temps below.  Although I don't thik I was below rhis temp.

So at best take care about how you use it. i would not use it again, i was very
carefull to prepare the surfaces too.

Cheers DW       dwilson@oregon.uoregon.edu