Re: XJS

To: John Lye <lye@elegans.wustl.edu>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XJS
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 15:19:01 EDT
> Excuse me?  This is from someone who has a controlling interest in Jaguar?

Was this "indication of surprise" because you don't think that such a person
should "have any trouble" finding whatever Jaguar they want, or because you
think they aught to know better that the car they are looking for doesn't
exist? Either way, it hardly seems surprising to me: someone with "more
money than sense" is unlikely to know all the details of what they bought,
and at the same time, owning a bunch of stock in a company doesn't mean that
you're about to call up Coventry and say "Can you find me a '60s XJS?" -
for one thing, they might bust a gut trying not laugh at you...

--
---
John R. Lupien