Re: XJS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XJS
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 14:30:35 CDT
lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye) writes:
>>                                               he's looking to
>> buy a 1960s Jaguar XJS roadster or a 1960s Aston Martin DB4 or DB5,
>
> Excuse me?  This is from someone who has a controlling interest in
> Jaguar?  Am I really mistaken, or am I just going senile?  I had
> thought that the XJS wasn't introduced until well after the 60's
> were long gone.

You know, I wondered about that myself as I typed it in, but I am not a
Jag aficionado. I concluded that between the auto columnist who wrote
the article and the Vice-President of Ford, one of those two would have
noticed the mistake, if there was one. Might an XJS have been some sort
of super-exotic variant of the time? If someone out there has a rock-solid
certainty that Ford's wrong, I could try pestering the Sun-Times about
it. The author of the article is Dan Jedlicka, who's supposed to be some-
thing of a sports car nut and who would presumably catch any nonsense
like that.

-- Andy