Re: Auto Show, Durham, CT

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Auto Show, Durham, CT
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 11:17:21 -0400
I wrote:
> I _almost_ bought myself a car at the show.  A Ferrari Berlinetta!  Yes,
> I even knocked the guy down to half his asking price... well, actually,
> it was his idea of an offer.  It was a nice green metallic colour with
> spoke wheels.  Well, I thought about it, but in the end I decided not
> to part with my $15... oops, did I forget to mention it was an old Matchbox
> car?  Silly me :-)
>
> ... I wasn't sure of its worth... I still haven't looked
> up the value.  Some other of the guy's stuff was over-priced, so we suspected
> his half-price offer brought the car down closer to its actual value.  So
> in the end I didn't trust him and the car was probably worth much less.

I felt I owe y'all a followup...

Last night I looked it up (although me book is a few years old now) and it
was listed as $25 - $30.  Looks like the bloke's original price was right
on (although it wasn't in _mint_ condition) and I passed up on a "bargain"!

Oh well...

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.