Re: Re: simple questions answers?

To: acg@hermes.dlogics.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: simple questions answers?
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 92 13:26:27 PDT
>If you don't have any fluid loss (are you REALLY sure you don't?), something
>funny is happening up at the booster end. I assume the wheel assemblies are
>nice and dry. If so, look for seepage around the booster. Fluid does not have
>to leak to the outside; if it gets into the diaphragm of the booster, it can
>be drawn through the vacuum line to the engine and burned without trace. Per-
>haps you could peek inside the vacuum line and see what you find.

On the contrary, whem the booster on my GT6 went south (actually it was already
in Mexico when I bought the car), the fluid from the leaking booster diaphram
created a clouds of white smoke, it doesn't burn clean.  The pedal was pretty
much to the floor and wouldn't come up much by pumping the pedal.  I recently
replaced my MC because of the same symptoms Will has, plus it was leaking around
the pushrod seal.  Problem fixed.

Mike G.