Westfield

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Westfield
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 09:26 EDT
T.J. Higgins writes

> Do Westfield make a kit version of the Seven?  I always understood
> that Caterham had the Seven and Westfield had the Eleven.  I'm
> confused...

Actually Westfield made a "better" Seven than Caterham !!!!. I have read
a couple of reports on the Westfield Seven, and all of them say that it
was (is) superior to the Caterham version. I can't remember the reasons, but
I think their chassis was better engineered. If you look in the back of
"Classic & Thoroughbred", you'll notice that Westfield Seven's are just or
slightly more expensive than the Lotus/Caterham version (it may be because
they are better or rarer).

They also made very slight body modifications, which I think looks better.
They nicest Seven I think was made by the Dutch company Dunkenvoort, it
retains the same style, but looks meaner.

Westfield also made (make), the Eleven using the A-series engine.

Gerry