paint recommendations, revisited

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: paint recommendations, revisited
From: "Eric Olson" <ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu>
Date: 13 Aug 92 09:31:19 EST
Thanks to Gerry, Jerry, Roland and Pat for the great tips on
stripping small parts & sand-blaster warnings!

Current plans:  Chemically strip small parts as described in the
digest, use wheel from Eastwood on small bits o' body surface rust,
use sand blaster in my back yard, behind the fence, 100' away from
the Spitfire on wheels & other non-deformable parts.  This sound
kosher?

Big problem:  You guys have given me the advice on how to get
gleaming clean parts, but no help on covering them back up!  Clearly
you've all done some parts stripping... what do you use?  Krylon? :-)
Seriously, I'd really appreciate a pointer to a good type of primer
and paint.

Eric Olson