rear sway bar question.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rear sway bar question.
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 92 12:47:20 -0400
        I would like to get a rear sway bar for my Spitfire 1500.  I have
heard several people talk about getting the addco brand from J.C. Whitney
can someone tell me if this is true and give me the telephone number to
order one?  I think the popular opinion is that this is the cheapest place
to buy one of these.

        Oh, and I ordered some things from TRF, and have gotten what I
consider really poor service.  First, they didn't have 75% of my order in
stock.  This included an oil pump and a 3 piece clutch kit for a Spitfire!
Second, the order is lost.  I called when I hadn't received the order two
days after the normal delivery time.  They said I had to wait 10 days before
they could put a trace on it.  I can understand their point of view, but until
then I can't get anything done on the car.  Couldn't they make an exception
when I have to have the parts to continue work?
        I just don't understand how they could let their stock run out on such
basic parts as a clutch and oil pump, I can still get those at my local auto
parts place (unfortunatly at twice the price).  Just carping a little, sorry.

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu