Re: rear sway bar question.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear sway bar question.
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 12:15:36 CDT
William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu> writes:
>       I would like to get a rear sway bar for my Spitfire 1500.  I have
> heard several people talk about getting the addco brand from J.C. Whitney
> can someone tell me if this is true and give me the telephone number to
> order one?

Warshawsky & Co. and J.C. Whitney and company have given up the illusion of
being two separate companies, and are now billing themselves as simply
Warshawsky/Whitney:

        Warshawsky/Whitney
        1916 South State St.
        P.O. Box 8410
        Chicago, IL  60680

        Phone Orders: (312) 431-6100
        Customer Service: (312) 808-4600
        Technical Information: (312) 431-6129
        Fax: (312) 431-5625

You can call the Phone Order line to get a catalog mailed to you. This
usually ensures that you will receive further catalogs for the rest of
your life.

According to my "Metro Catalog No. 112J" from 1991 (they will ask you
which catalog you're using if you make a phone order), the rear [anti-]
sway bar for a Spitfire 1500 is listed on Page 170 as Part 55-4508B for
$70.33. You must specify that it's for a Spitfire 1500; the part number
actually covers the whole category of rear bars for all imports listed.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473