Re: Paint for radiators and seat supports

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint for radiators and seat supports
From: lydia@rosa.mit.edu (Lydia Gregoret)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 09:14:34 -0400
William Sadler writess:
>I took my radiator out of the car last night and this morning took it
>to the local radiator place to get it "rotted out"  Hopefully this
>will solve my overheating on the highway problems.
>
>While it is out I want to paint it and the frame holding it in.  Can
>someone recommend a good black radiator paint and a primer?  I know
>that you have to use high temp stuff.  Will engine paint work?

Why is it better to have a radiator rotted out (or rodded out, as
someone pointed out) than to simply have it recored?  Is it really much
cheaper?  The rodding out process sounds a bit labor-intensive.  We had
our radiator recored, fitted with a new bottom tank, (and painted
black without asking) for about one hundred dollars last year (in
Allentown, PA where mechanic labor is cheaper than in Boston or San
Francisco, and where we happened to be at the time that our radiator
sprung a large leak).

Lydia Gregoret
lydia@rosa.mit.edu
'66 MGB