Re: Paint for radiators and seat supports

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, lydia@rosa.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Paint for radiators and seat supports
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1992 09:43:34 -0500
Lydia asks about "rodding out" as opposed to a recore:

Old radiators tend to build up a lot of deposits which impede the
flow of water through the radiator.  This lower rate of flow
has the obvious characteristic of making the radiator start shooting
coolant everywhere after about 15 minutes at 60+ mph on the
highway in my particular case.

I took it in and they cleaned it out, dissassembled the tanks, and
painted it.  Total price:  $18  The guy told me that they got it
to "flow real good"  (In Hoosier "real" is about twice as long as "flow")

I'll have to see if this solves my highway overheating problem.  But
for $18, it can't hurt.

Last night I painted all of the radiator brackets and cleaned up the
engine a little bit as well why I had the radiator out.  I painted
the fan yellow and degunked the front of the engine where stuff didn't
come off the last time I did it.  Should look nice when I get it all
back in.

Will

c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
c  _    _   ___    ___           Ceeasaurus!                      c
c | \  / | /   \  /   \  Will    | wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu c
c |  \/  ||   __ |       Sadler  | or will@cica.indiana.edu       c
c |      | \___/  \___/       Bloomington, Indiana                c
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c