Re: 2.8i

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: 2.8i
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1992 12:02:29 -0400
> >  What's the engine in a TVR280i?
>
> The specific engine is known as the Ford 2.8 V6 "Cologne", which is different
> to the Ford 3.0 V6 "Essex". I do not know if the 2 are interchangable. I think
> the 2.8 is similar/idendical to the V6 thet Ford (US) uses in cars like the
> Bronco (you would have to verify this).

FYI:  The Ford Capri (aka Mercury Capri in the US) MkII imported from
Europe had the 2.8 Litre V6 in the 1976-77 models.  If memory serves
me correctly the engine was built at the Cologne factory in Germany.

Capris with the 3.0 V6 (built at the Ford plant at Dagenham, Essex?  I
thought all engine building was done in Germany.  Perhaps it was just named
after the English plant?) were not exported to the US as far as I know.

        Cheers!