Re: 2.8i

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: 2.8i
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 09:51:12 PST
> >  What's the engine in a TVR280i?
>
> The specific engine is known as the Ford 2.8 V6 "Cologne", which is
-different
> to the Ford 3.0 V6 "Essex". I do not know if the 2 are interchangable.
-I think
> the 2.8 is similar/idendical to the V6 thet Ford (US) uses in cars like the
> Bronco (you would have to verify this).

FYI:  The Ford Capri (aka Mercury Capri in the US) MkII imported from
Europe had the 2.8 Litre V6 in the 1976-77 models.  If memory serves
me correctly the engine was built at the Cologne factory in Germany.

Capris with the 3.0 V6 (built at the Ford plant at Dagenham, Essex?  I
thought all engine building was done in Germany.  Perhaps it was just named
after the English plant?) were not exported to the US as far as I know.

The 3.0 V6 was used by TVR in the 3000S, and it is my understanding as
well that it was not brought to the US (by Ford). My friend that has
one tells me that stuff is hard to get for it here in the States, and
expensive, I think he said that a waterpump cost over $100.

greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com