Tulsa to Calgary in a Spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tulsa to Calgary in a Spitfire
From: zgap04@cal.amoco.com (Greg Partyka)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 92 10:17:59 MDT
This weekend (August 21-23) I am planning to drive my 1977 Triumph Spitfire
from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Calgary, Alberta. Does anyone have any suggestions
regarding:      spare parts/tools to bring,
                highways to take,
                things to be aware of, .....etc.
The car has a brand new Webber carb and an Allison ignition.
The proposed route is:
Tulsa, Oklahoma to Denver, Colorado  (Interstates 35, 135, 75)
Denver, Colorado to Butte, Montana   (Interstates 25 and 90)
Butte, Montana to Calgary, Alberta   (Interstate 15, Hwys 4 & 2)

I haven't planned to stop anywhere in particular for nights. If anyone is
interested in getting together along the way for some coffee and Spitfire
talk, please let me know.

I'm new to both the British Cars mailing list and to lbcs.
Ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted to take a lbc across the country
with its top down.

Greg Partyka