Re: Re: tires for Cobra

To: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Re: tires for Cobra
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 92 10:40:34 pdt
> From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Subject: Re: tires for Cobra
> To: cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com
> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 9:25:01 CDT
> Cc: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu

> He is ignorant, misinformed, or lying.  He is not a Team T/A dealer, so he
> can't sell you R1 tires, so he tells you you can't get them.  You can buy
>them

Not surprised.  The guy didn't seem too well informed.  Also he had a
lot of difficulty comprehending I wanted 60-15s, not 70-14s.
Guess he must sell a lot of 70-14s.

> racing, and off-road successes and some tech articles.  The R1 with the road
> race compound (don't get the autocross compound, it wears out too fast) costs
> $105 each in 215-60-15.  They will ship them to British Wire Wheel or to your
> house FOR FREE.

Direct to BWW.  I like that.  I've already taken the wheels to O'Connor
Classics (local BWW middle man) so this will save both of us additional
fuss.

> The BFG R1 tires will make anything the local Goodyear place has look like
>they
> have grease on the treads.  These things are AMAZING on dry pavement, merely
>OK
> in rain and useless in snow.

What??  You mean this guy mislead me!!  Sheeze.

Thanks mucho,

Roland