RE:Weber Help (Again:-)

To: SOL <british-cars@hoosier>
Subject: RE:Weber Help (Again:-)
From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 09:34:12 PDT
>>>>> On Wed, 19 Aug 92 09:59:45 CDT, zahid@serval.sps.mot.com (Zahid
>Ahsanullah) said:

Zahid> Robert Jones describes his mgb weber problem:

>I disconnected the
>carb from the manifold to see what happened with the fuel pump running,
>but the carb off.  Sure enough I found a dribble of gas dripping out
>of the back of the carb where it attaches to the manifold

Zahid> There is also a power valve in the carb. that squirts fuel when you
Zahid> kickdown on the accelerator. This is to aid in keeping proper fuel
Zahid> mixture at these odd conditions. Seems yours are working okay.

Well, I'm not a Weber expert, but it sounds to me like there might be
a leak in the accelerator pump.  If the dribble of gas is coming from
the same place that the squirts come from, the seals in this part of
the carb might bear checking.

  --berry

(I *like* SU's; they're simple.  I understand them....)

--
Berry Kercheval :: berry@pei.com :: Protocol Engines, Inc.  Mt. View, CA
"Car pool fatigue: it's like shell shock, but you don't get any VA benefits.