cold vulcanized redlines...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: cold vulcanized redlines...
From: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James A. TenCate)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 92 09:12:22 -0500
British Wire Wheel advertises that they can put a redline sidewall on
nearly any tire (for a small fee).  Evidently it's done with some sort
of cold vulcanizing process...  I know Roger B has asked this a while back,
but has anyone seen a tire done this way?  How'd it look?  (The prospect
of having to shell out >$180 for a crummy Michelin redline seems pretty
outrageous to me...  still, those redline tires ARE a necessity on
a TR6 :-)  :-)

curious jim...
jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu