Re: HELP

To: british-cars@hoosier, anderson@ccit.arizona.edu
Subject: Re: HELP
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 92 07:34:08 PDT
>Has anybody out there had this problem?
>77MGB - Starts (fully charged battery) and runs good with no
>apparent problem, but when turned off the ignition indicator
>light comes on and battery proceeds to go dead.  A + short
>someplace.

My GT6 had the exact same problem about three weeks ago.  The alternator is
dead.  One of the diodes is probably shorted.  If you stick a voltmeter on the
battery when it's running, you'll see the alternator isn't charging when you
rev it up.  It's NOT the wiring (that's what I thought origionaly until a
couple of people on the list enlightened me).  Hope this helps.

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com